About Novo Nordisk
We are committed to patients, communities, and the environment. Novo Nordisk is a focused health care company and a world leader in diabetes care.
The well-being of people with chronic illness has always been at the heart of our company. Our roots reach back to 1923, when a man was driven to find a diabetes treatment for his wife. We carry that same passion and commitment beyond diabetes into our work for people with growth hormone-related disorders.
The Triple Bottom Line
Novo Nordisk is committed to doing business in a responsible manner. We adopted our "Triple Bottom Line" approach more than a decade ago, and the principle is now anchored in the company’s values.
In all work, we strive to be:
The Triple Bottom Line ensures that we remain balanced. At Novo Nordisk, it’s not just about making a profit; it’s also about how profits are earned and how we conduct ourselves as a company. From an environmental standpoint, our consciousness is not just a token effort. We believe that by conducting our business in an environmentally sustainable way, we will promote positive change.
Novo Nordisk has been recognized for its commitment to the values and ethics that are embodied by its Triple Bottom Line.
Following are just a few of the awards we’ve received:
- Ranked in Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For every year since 2009.
- Named on Fortune's 2017 100 Best Workplaces for Women
- Ranked #5 on the Science Careers 2017 Top Employers list
- Ranked #5 in the Top 100 sustainable companies at the Annual Summit of Green Companies held in Kunming, China, 2013
- Named on the 2016 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World index:
- Ranked highest in the Pharmaceuticals industry group and #19 overall
- Named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity by Great Place to Work®
- Named on the Human Rights Foundation 2018 Corporate Equality Index
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 17th straight year.
- Ranked at the top of the pharmaceutical sector for 2016.
In 2006, Novo Nordisk became a member of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Climate Savers program. By increasing efficiency, Climate Savers companies are decreasing CO2 emissions while growing the company. We’re one of only two pharmaceutical companies officially registered as a Climate Saver.
We have set an ambitious target for our CO2 emissions from production: to have 100% renewable electricity at all our production sites by 2020
In 2015, Novo Nordisk’s production site in Tianjin reached its goal of using 100% renewable electricity for all its production
- We converted all of our Danish operations to 100% wind power in 2010.
- Between 2005 and 2015, we realized an annual carbon emissions reduction of 46,000 tons.
- Our U.S. headquarters is a LEED Silver-certified campus, and is fully powered by renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro sources.