Growing support for you and your patients.
Norditropin® is committed to providing helpful tools to support your practice and your patients.
The FlexPro® Pen
The FlexPro® pen is easy to use, with 4 strengths and 160 dose options1 for a closer match to your patient’s prescribed doses. This may lead to:
- Fewer pens used each month
- Fewer double injections
- Reduced monthly co-pays2
Use the Pen Selector to help you choose the right pen combination for your patient, and see how many equal a 30-day supply.a
aAll Norditropin® products must be refrigerated prior to first use. Do not freeze. After initial use, Norditropin® pens can either be stored outside of the refrigerator (up to 77°F) for use within 3 weeks or in the refrigerator (between 36°F and 46°F) for use within 4 weeks.
Dosing Quick Reference
Please click here for Prescribing Information.
Indications and Usage
Norditropin® is a recombinant human growth hormone indicated for:
- Pediatric: Treatment of children with growth failure due to growth hormone deficiency (GHD), short stature associated with Noonan syndrome, short stature associated with Turner syndrome, and short stature born SGA with no catch-up growth by age 2 to 4 years (1.1)
- Adult: Treatment of adults with either adult-onset or childhood-onset GHD (1.2)
Dosage and Administration
Norditropin® should be administered subcutaneously (2).
- Pediatric GHD: 0.024 to 0.034 mg/kg/day, 6 to 7 times a week (2.1)
- Noonan Syndrome: Up to 0.066 mg/kg/day (2.1)
- Turner Syndrome: Up to 0.067 mg/kg/day (2.1)
- SGA: Up to 0.067 mg/kg/day (2.1)
- Adult GHD: 0.004 mg/kg/day to be increased as tolerated to not more than 0.016 mg/kg/day after approximately 6 weeks, or a starting dose of approximately 0.2 mg/day (range, 0.15 to 0.30 mg/day) increased gradually every 1 to 2 months by increments of approximately 0.1 to 0.2 mg/day (2.2)
- Injection sites should always be rotated to avoid lipoatrophy (2.3)
We designed NordiCare.com to provide a way for you to stay up to date with the status of your patients, communicate with your case managers, and submit NordiCare® paperwork online.Register for NordiCare.com
- Fuchs GS, Mikkelsen S, Knudsen TK, Kappelgaard A-M. Ease of use and acceptability of a new pen device for the administration of growth hormone therapy in pediatric patients: an open-label, uncontrolled usability test. Clin Ther. 2009;31(12):2906-2914.
- Bazalo GR, Joshi AV, Germak J. Comparison of human growth hormone products’ cost in pediatric and adult patients. Managed Care. 2007;16(9):45-51.