Ask for answers.
We don’t know your family—but your doctor does, and can answer your specific questions about Norditropin® (somatropin [rDNA origin] injection).
- When will we start to see growth?
- How much growth should we expect to see?
- How long will my child remain on Norditropin®?
Side effects and risk factors.
- Does my child have any risk factors?
- What specific side effects should we be on the lookout for?
- Is there anything specific I should do to avoid side effects—perhaps regarding other prescribed medications (for example, the time at which they are given), activities, etc?
- Are there any red flags I should look for?
- Are there any safety concerns I should know about before using Norditropin®?
Storage, handling, and travel.
- We’re going to be traveling to a _____ area (camping? fishing?). What do I need to know about storing FlexPro® pen there?
Devices on the market.
- Which therapy do you prefer and why?
- What would you say about working with NordiCare®?
- What are the pros and cons of the delivery devices?
- If your child were starting growth hormone therapy, what would you choose?
- What’s been your experience with patients who have my insurance carrier and a similar diagnosis—does this carrier often cover Norditropin®?
- With patients who have my insurance carrier and a similar diagnosis, what has been your experience with denials and appeals?
If you want more information about any of our frequently asked questions, write those questions down to take to your doctor’s office as well.
Find a network.
Patient advocacy groups work to raise awareness and share support and information. Check out a list of these groups, and ask your doctor for references, too.